Sunday, April 06, 2008

conquering crochet

I have avoided crochet for a long time. Whilst everyone tells me that it is far, far easier than knitting and that I should start with granny squares I have NEVER been able to work them out. And let me tell you I have tried. I have been avoiding crochet as it has made me feel like a failure of a crafter.

It has taken love to make me try again.

My lover has an, er, penchant for octopuses and recently came across these uber cute star wars amigurumi.


(more on flickr).

Oh, he is also a big geek. I should have said.

So I thought I would give crochet ONE LAST CHANCE. I headed down to Cleggs and bought a ball of yarn and a 4.5mm crochet hook. I found an easy looking octopus amigurumi pattern on ravelry and sat down to have a go.

Anyways. Here is the head.


And here is a tentacle in progress.


More when I'm finished.
posted by elaine, 8:31 am

4 Comments:

Hi Elaine,
Very creative, we liked your toys :) thanks for sharing.Have a nice week...
commented by Blogger ♥ KNITTING ART, April 07, 2008 6:39 am  
Oh I love a good crochet. Mainly due to it being only one typo away from Crotch.

SRSLY my baby is due to have my baby on July 24 and I want to commission and Elaine original.

How does one do that?

thomasr
PS a Stig outfit plz.
commented by Blogger thr, April 07, 2008 4:14 pm  
ha! easy.

one emails/phones and asks.

we discuss design/costs/etc.

then it gets made.

i tell you it's ready.

we arrange collection.
commented by Blogger elaine, April 07, 2008 4:18 pm  
i think that picture of "tentacle in progress" is just too cute. for some reason it made me feel very kindly towards the little creature being made.

good on you.

and oh yes, hello.

sorry we missed you last night. next time????

hugs

mg xx
commented by Blogger Melba, April 15, 2008 5:40 pm  

Add a comment