Monday, June 29, 2009

wardrobe refashioning

In a concerted effort to kick myself into any shape or form of blog posting productivity, I have decided to sign up to Wardrobe Refashion.

From 1 July 2009 for a period of two months

I, elaine, pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 2 / 4 / 6 months. I pledge that i shall refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovoted, recycled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thy thriftiness brings!

Signed, elaine



So look out for my creations!

In my stash at home, ready for making for quite some time I have some lovely orange wool knit that needs to be fashioned into a cardigan/jumper and a piece of wool gaberdine that needs to be tailored into a winter jacket. In the course of the two months, I am going to endeavour to only use fabrics from my stash when sewing for myself. The regular exception here is interfacing. I'm also going to give myself a 'get out of stash use free' card to find the right lining for the above mentioned winter jacket. That sucker is going to be in my wardrobe for some years so I want to make it perfect.

So here I go!

Labels:

posted by elaine, 11:27 am

2 Comments:

Good idea. I think you might have posted when you got the orange knit? Or was that a different bit of fabric? Anyway, I'm in awe of people who commit to only sewing from stash.
commented by Blogger lucy tartan, July 01, 2009 10:28 pm  
yes! different orange knit. that one was stipey and has been a bikini for a while now.

this one is a heavier woolly stocking stitch style knit.
commented by Blogger elaine, July 02, 2009 4:22 pm  

Add a comment