Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thursday Likes on time for a miracle.


gin and tonic sorbet, originally uploaded by elaine the pirate.

You know what I like?

I like cooking. I also like gin.

On Saturday last, I had a Ginner Party.

Three courses. All dishes involved a matched gin.

Entree - Tanqueray cured red snapper
Main - Old Raj, lemon and saffron risotto with my special roast chicken (I slice chorizo and stuff this and butter between the skin and the meat prior to cooking).
Dessert- Hendrick's and tonic sorbet. served in gin and tonic.

There were five different bottles of quality gin in my house. The food was pretty great. My house was populated with some of my favourite people.

What's not to like?

Labels: ,

posted by elaine, 10:04 am

2 Comments:

I love gin too so it sounds awesome. Did you all cry later?
commented by Blogger Cinema Minima, August 27, 2009 11:25 am  
I had a little cry from my hangover. Does that count?
commented by Blogger elaine, August 27, 2009 12:07 pm  

Add a comment