Friday, December 11, 2009

Davy Jones' Overlocker Central


my new bungalow, originally uploaded by elaine the pirate.

This picure, taken in the late afternoon, sort-of explains my absence (has it really been that long, how did that happen etc.).

I moved house, I found a new day job (starting in January), my current day job is out-of-control busy (think doing two peoples work during an already busy time plus being told to take SIX DAYS out of the office to do irrelevant training - training I would have been glad to do at another time just not NOW).

Anyways, this is my new bungalow aka Davy Jones' Overlocker Central. When we moved into the house, the bungalow had been empty for a long time. And prior to that, had been lived in by a heavy smoker. I know this because I cleaned the walls and ceiling. Were yellow. Now white. It was EWWWWW-worthy.

But it's clean now (aside from the windows - hey! I'm getting to it). I reassembled my table. and you can see lined up in the evening light some the many projects I have underway.

Not included in the photograph are the Bollywood themed Christmas decorations that my family and I have been working on. That's right, our decorations this year for Christmas Day are Bollywood inspired. I mean, how dull is a Christmas themed Christmas when one can have the glitz of the sub-continent?

posted by elaine, 12:41 pm

4 Comments:

Oooh Bollywood theme! Sounds fun. I still have yet to get the tree... damn not having a car...

Oh and congrats on the new job!
commented by Blogger magical_m, December 11, 2009 5:07 pm  
yes! the crackers are royal blue tissue with gold sequinned bands and sequin ribbon ties. And i got my sister a tin wind up pecking chicken as her cracker present. my brother got a bracelet with all the different saints around it.

I don't have any decorations at my actual house. and thanks! I'm looking forward to not dealing with complaints all day!
commented by Blogger elaine, December 11, 2009 9:32 pm  
hope your Christmas was lovely Elaine and that you're looking forward to the new job starting?
commented by Blogger Catastrophe Waitress, December 26, 2009 9:08 pm  
Very happy for you having a Room of Your Own.

Good luck with all the projects. I am going to hem some new pants. Will try very hard not to muck it up!

And Happy New Year and all that.

x
commented by Blogger Melba, January 04, 2010 3:11 pm  

Add a comment