Thursday, July 16, 2009

what i've been up to Plus Thurdsay Likes.

Well!

I finished the quilt and it is just what I wanted. Hurrah! I'm going to put together a mini tutorial for it on the weekend, so stay tuned for that.

After seeing her curtains project stall, I asked Melba if she wanted a hand and she took me up on the offer. On Sunday afternoon, Clokes dropped her off for a few hours of curtain making. We put together the first of the curtains, I showed her how to do it all (inlcuding the tricky corner bits) and she was very diligent about writing it all down. She says she's not a natural at sewing but she's a VERY GOOD student. Plus, I haven't seen her in the flesh for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages so it was super to see her. She even paid me for my time, which I wasn't expecting. I was just glad to see her.

I wrote some time ago about how I could never for the life of me work out how to make a granny square. Well, this week I HAVE CONQUERED! I can granny! It's doubleplusexciting. My first attempt is very very wonky but I'll stick up a photo in a day or so (evenings are dark and not good for photography). I feel rather fond of it even though it's a bit demented.

I found that it got much easier very quickly and after working carefully carefully through three or so they are passable. I'm sure that blocking will help with that.

I've been engrossed in Le Tour (I swear these late nights are going to kill me bofore July is out) and when Lola is not monopolising my lap I have been knitting my argyle vest.

I've been thinking a lot, too. About how much I like things. I've had a really difficult past couple of years personally and was very, very depressed. clinically not whingingly. I am much, much better now and am really appreciating the things I have; friends and family and Lola and a secure job. I have come to remember that my natural disposition is to LIKE things and people and boy do I like a lot of things; big things and little things.

In celebration of this, I'm going to start up a new weekly session: Thursday Likes.

One of the things I like most of all is my Lolacat.

LOLcatz

As you can see, she's very helpful when it comes to knitting. She has exquisite taste for quality yarns and I have to lock up my unopened balls because she will go bag or box diving to find unopened balls with which to play. and in a bag of odds and ends she will always pick out a ball in its wrapper and the most expensive ball at that.

Join in if you like! leave a comment below if you want to tell me about something that YOU like.

Labels: , ,

posted by elaine, 10:27 am

3 Comments:

I like the delicious feeling of having bought a new book, and knowing I will be starting it tonight.

I also like knowing that I have ALMOST finished the curtains.

I like the smell of cut grass. Today it made me feel like spring is more than just a dream.

And I like hot water bottles.

Small things to like are good. Important to appreciate, thanks for making me stop to consider.
commented by Blogger Melba, July 20, 2009 9:25 pm  
I like my kitteh too, the cococat, and also my goggeh, casper.
commented by Blogger From the lion's mouth, July 31, 2009 11:42 am  
oh, i like lola!!!!

can i haz? plz?
commented by Blogger eleanor bloom, August 15, 2009 1:29 pm  

Add a comment